Picket Fence Grow Tower
About the Product
Container gardening is the number one form of gardening in the U.S.
The reasons: maneuverability, raises gardening to a higher level (less stooping and bending), and it yields more plants in less space, especially important for people living in apartments, condos, or houses with small yards, etc.
Picket Fence Grow Tower products are designed to produce cascades of flowers or greenery on all sides and can be hung or left freestanding. They were also designed with vertical gardening in mind.
The original Stacking Planters (12” – retail $24.95) with the flow through water design, Self-Watering Grow Towers (12” and 15” – retail $59.95 - $99.95, depending on number of tiers) and the new Growing Tubs (24” – Retail starting at $34.95 per planter) are all made of a heavy-duty polypropylene with UV inhibitors to resist fading and cracking.
The original stacking planters are sold in standard sets of three with a non-rusting, powder coated chain with built in swivel for ease of rotation. Specialty sets of two to nine layers are available with packaged sets for growing herbs or strawberries.
Picket Fence Grow Tower products are available in four standard colors: hunter green, terracotta, tuscany and stone. Specialty colors are also available.
Grow Towers can be stacked up to ten layers high if freestanding and up to five pots per chain when hanging.
Self-Watering Grow Towers use a new patented grid system that employs a center placed water reservoir to avoid mosquito breeding along with tubes that allow the soil to naturally wick the moisture up to the roots as your plants require it.
New for 2006 – the Fence Planter. At 31” long, these planters will provide a lovely display on anyone’s deck! The unique design allows the 15” individual planters to stack on either end of the deck ‘n rail planter to provide for vertical growing right on your deck rail. There is also an optional tray with wheel kit (with brakes) for those who wish to use the system on the ground. It is also available for the 24” Tubs.
- The Fence Planter fits on either a 4” or 6” rail by means of a patent pending spacer and locking mechanism.
- All the Self-Watering Fence Planter products also feature the newly patented feature of the extended grid which will channel the water that tries to escape out the sides of the pots into the water reservoir making these pots water efficient.
- Picket Fence Grow Towers are the perfect products for indoor gardening, container gardening or indoor or outdoor floral displays.
- They make exceptional centerpieces and displays. Grow Towers are also perfect for growing a garden of leaf lettuce and miniature tomatoes, an herb garden, cacti or bulbs.
- New Growing Tubs can be used as planters for larger vegetables such as peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, as self-watering planters or a hydroponics growing system.
- For best results, use water retention crystals with the potting mixture in the top two pots to keep them from drying out faster than the bottom tier.
- Be sure to group plants together that like the same conditions: sun-loving or shade plants; dry or needs more moisture.
- Avoid salt buildup in your pots by using a balanced plant food without nitrates.
- Hard water can produce a lime buildup. If this is a problem, use a product like Lime Away to clean your pots at the end of the season and they will be good as new for spring.
- When planting tall ten tier high sets, use a metal or wooden dowel through the middle of the pots and make sure it extends at least 12” in the ground for protection against, wind, children and pets.
SELF-WATERING STACKING PLANTERS
If you love the Original Stacking Planters, you are really going to enjoy the convenience of the NEW Self-Watering Wickless or Wick System Stacking Planters.
The actual pots are 30% larger than the original and each layer has a water containment area separated by a grid from the soil. A wick (Wicking System) or a soil plug (Wickless System) draws the water up through the soil to the root area by capillary action. Excess water will flow from one layer to the next, being caught at the bottom in the removable tray.
Each set includes a rust resistant chain with a swivelhook that allows easy rotation of pots when hangingto ensure an even plant growth around the pots.
21325 E. 2100 Rd.
Lacygne, KS 66040-9190